OPI stands for Over-the-Phone Interpretation. It is a language service that allows communication between people who speak different languages. This service is commonly used in industries such as healthcare, legal, and government but it is becoming increasingly useful for large corporations who need to communicate with either their workforce across the globe or more importantly global customers. In this guide, we will explore everything you need to know about OPI services.
How Does OPI Work?
OPI works by connecting people who speak different languages with a professional interpreter over the phone. The interpreter listens to the conversation and interprets it in real-time, allowing the parties to communicate effectively. This type of interpretation is known as consecutive interpretation .
So, you do not need to have face-to-face meetings or travel long distances to discuss business, exchange vital information, product specifics, partnerships, and contracts. You can do these things over the phone, with each party clearly understanding what they need and want.
Summary of Benefits of OPI Services:
Telephone interpreting is the easiest and most efficient way to communicate with people that do not speak your own language. Compared to traditional on-site services, it offers clear advantages:
- Improved Communication: OPI services ensure that communication is accurate and effective, reducing the risk of misunderstandings.
- Time-Saving: OPI services can be accessed instantly and on demand
- Cost-Effective: OPI services are more cost-effective than traditional interpretation methods, such as on-site interpretation. Obviously, if you are not having to bring interpreters to your site and pay for accommodation and travelling costs, having them at the other end of a phone saves money. Moreover, the best services will charge per minute rather like the old ‘long distance’ calls on the land line.
- Increased Accessibility: Conveniently, OPI services are available 24/7, making them accessible to anyone, anywhere, at any time and that has to be a plus in a global world
- Enhanced neutrality, safety, and privacy.
How to Use OPI Services:
Using OPI services is simple and easy. Here are the steps:
- Call the OPI service provider and provide the necessary details such as the languages required, the duration of the call, and any other information which would help the interpreter prepare in advance. Clearly, this would apply to a booked call at some point in the future, rather than with an on-demand call, which is instant.
- The OPI service provider will connect you with a professional interpreter who speaks the required language. ( This is rather like the old telephone exchange)
- Begin the conversation, and the interpreter will interpret the conversation in real-time.
- You need to be aware that there are OPI services where there is no intermediary. Their application allows you to open an account and request an interpreter either on demand or by appointment.. Such is the case with Ablio.com whose application is now available on telephone devices as well as computers or tablets.
Who are Over-the-phone interpreters?
Telephone interpreters are specially trained to handle remote communication between people:
- Experts in the languages your clients speak
- Connected 24/7
- Certified for special requirements, such as HIPAA compliant medical interpretation
- Trusted translation partners that keep pace with the diversity of growing businesses
What's more, they're available anywhere around the globe.
Choosing the Right OPI Service Provider:
When choosing an OPI service provider, it is essential to consider factors such as:
- Quality: The service provider should have a large, diverse team of professional interpreters with relevant qualifications and experience
- Availability: The service provider should be available 24/7, with no downtime or service interruptions.
- Cost: The service provider should offer competitive pricing without compromising on quality.
- Security: The service provider should have robust security measures in place to protect the confidentiality of the conversation.
At Ablio, we offer a fast and effective OPI service. Differently from other providers, where you need to talk to an operator that will then put you in contact with the appropriate interpreter, at Ablio you can manage the entire service by yourself Just create your own free account at the ablio.com website and you are ready to go. Through your personal service dashboard you can choose the most suitable service option to your needs, or simply call Ablio’s national phone number to have your on-line interpreter on-demand.
No registration fees or monthly subscriptions are required: pay-as-you go at affordable rates based upon the actual talking time.
Who Can Benefit from OPI Services?
OPI services can benefit anyone who needs to communicate with someone who speaks a different language. However, they are particularly useful in industries such as healthcare, legal, government institutions, help desk centers , international business and customer service call centres. To accommodate the need for interpreters with specific expertise, the newer OPI Service provider can direct customers to an interpreter with appropriate skills.
Tips for Using OPI Services:
Here are some tips to ensure a smooth and effective OPI experience:
- Speak clearly and slowly.
- Pause frequently to allow the interpreter to interpret accurately.
- Avoid using idioms, jargon, or slang.
- Speak directly to the person you are communicating with, rather than the interpreter.
- Be respectful and patient with the interpreter.
OPI services are a convenient, cost-effective, and efficient solution for overcoming language barriers in real-time communication. By following the tips and guidelines in this guide, you can make the most of your OPI experience and communicate effectively with anyone, anywhere, at any time.
For further information check out www.ablio.com. Ablio OPI meets the requirements and standards mentioned in this article, complemented with a wider choice of connecting options, the possibility to include multiple parties in the session, access to a complete set of reporting and monitoring tools and functions.
Q) Is OPI better than on-site interpretation?
A) It depends on your specific requirements. Certainly OPI is more convenient and cost-effective. Given the same level of competence of the interpreter, several comparison reports have proven that the quality of interpretation of an over the phone interpreter is the same, and sometimes even better, than that obtained by an on-site interpreter
Q) What languages can OPI services provide interpretation for?
A) OPI services can provide interpretation for a wide range of languages, depending on the service provider. It would be sensible to check with the various providers for the language combinations you need.
Q) How much does OPI services cost?
A) The cost of OPI services varies depending on the service provider and the duration of the call. Make sure that the provider works on a pay per minute system rather than a monthly or annual contract.
Q) Can I use OPI services for personal conversations?
A) Yes, of course OPI services are good where two people wish to converse.
Using state-of-the-art IT & telecommunication technologies, ablio makes language interpretation services easily available to everyone, in any context, by creating tools and service platforms that are supported by its own community of live interpreters.
For further information please visit our websites: